Keita: “My football is about working hard and helping my teammates”

The Mali midfielder, scorer of the go-ahead goal against Sporting, says that his goal makes him “happy,” but “winning the three points is always the most important thing”.



Seydou Keita, one of the stand-out players against Sporting Gijón, sat down with Barça TV’s El Marcador to talk about yesterday’s match. The Mali international said that he’s only focusing on the team instead of his individual performances. “If I score, I’m happy, but my football is about working and helping my teammates. Winning three points is always the most important thing, because we always have to win.” The midfielder believes Barça’s team spirit was the key to unlocking yesterday’s deadlock: “the most important thing is that the team have always had that eagerness to win games.”

Keita believes that Josep Guardiola will end up renewing his contract with the Club: “he’s home. He has said that he needs time, but, for me, I’m sure that he’ll stay. He has everything here: family, friends... I would stay in my country if I had the chance.”

He also made mention of the Guardiola’s words of praise: “it’s my fourth year here. I never say anything. If the manager puts me on, perfect, if not, no problem. Football is a team sport. If he has good words for me, perfect. Sometimes footballers are very egocentric, but there are harder things in life than a football match. I respect the Club a lot, they pay me, and the fans.” (via FCBarcelona.com)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...