Cuenca: "I'm just enjoying the moment"

Isaac Cuenca, very happy with his starting place in the Champions League line-up on Tuesday against Milan, says he is fully focused on "doing things the best way possible to help the team".

In a short time he’s gone from being on loan to Sabadell, playing in the Second Division B, to becoming a Barça first-team player, having first played in the reserve team. Perhaps Isaac Cuenca could hardly imagine on the day of his official debut with the first team, on October 2oth, 2011, against Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League, that Josep Guardiola would include him in the starting line-up in the return leg of the quarter-final against Milan. "I have no time even to think about it. I'm enjoying the moment and each day I try to improve so I can help the team, and, in turn, become a better player" he said about the current dream he’s living.

According to the Barcelona winger, the fact that Josep Guardiola chose him to be in the starting line-up against Milan was a complete surprise: "I just felt really happy, the truth is that I didn’t expect it at all. When I was told that I would be playing I was thrilled. I’m very happy". In the same vein, Cuenca explained that once a player knows he’s in the starting eleven, "it doesn’t matter who you’re up against.......you just think about doing things the best way possible to help the team".

The rapid evolution of his career has done nothing to change his day to day routine: "I play in bigger stadiums with more spectators, and now people recognise me more in the street, but my life hasn’t changed".

Totally oblivious to the comments made about referees, and happy for Barça having achieved the fifth consecutive appearance in a Champions League semi-final, Cuenca said they think more about " what we have done more than what is being talked about from outside.....we’re dedicated to playing the best possible way and not thinking about other things. We’re delighted to continue making history". (via FCBarcleona.cat)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...