[Barça B] Ilie signs one-year contract extension

The Barça B midfielder, injured at the start of the season, renewed his contract through 2013.

Illie Sánchez renewed his contract with FC Barcelona for one more season, June 2013, this Tuesday afternoon. His buyout clause is set at 3 million euros.

The Barça B player, 21-years-old, showed off his talent last season in the Club reserve side. Luis Enrique used Sánchez as a defensive midfielder, creative midfielder and as a right back . Eusebio, who now manages the side, has not been able to use Sánchez’s versatility this season due to the injury the player picked up this summer.

The player expressed his joy to Barça TV and www.fcbarcelona.com after renewing his contract: “it’s the happiest day I’ve had in these 10 months I’ve been injured. I’m overjoyed, it’s a good day.” He added: “when you’re injured, the only thing you think about is when you’re going to be able to play again. Now that I’ve extended my contract, I’ll try to work harder and enjoy the next season.”

The new contract allows Sánchez to look to the future with hope: “I hope I can get out of this pit and start the new season by doing what I haven’t been able to do this year.” Next season will be the player’s fourth year in the Barça reserve system. “This Club is my life and I’m very happy to be able to spend one more year here, to keep on working and help the team stay in Segunda another season,” he said. (via FCBarcelona.cat)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...