Cesc Fàbregas: “This is one of the best games I've played since I arrived at FC Barcelona”

While the team is pleased with tonight’s victory, they’re focusing on the upcoming Liga and Champions League matches. Alexis on Barça’s Cup final rival: “Guardiola and Bielsa are very similar in how they work”.



Joy was pervasive in the Barça dressing room after the match against Valencia. Cesc Fàbregas, the man that scored the first goal of the game, said: “this is one of the best games I’ve played since I came here. We too this match seriously and we proved that on the pitch. It has been a beautiful night.”

The Barça midfielder, who has scored 15 goals this season (not counting his goal in the Gamper), talked about the post-match atmosphere in the dressing room: “we’re happy, very happy. The objective was to reach the final and we achieved that. I’m enjoying the moment.” Cesc, however, went on to talk about the team’s next challenges: “we have to put the final aside and think about the Liga and the Champions League. If we have to celebrate something, let it be at the end of the season with the most amount of titles possible.”

Here are some of the statements made by the FC Barcelona players after the match:

Isaac Cuenca

“We’re not really aware of the fact that we are in the final of the King’s Cup, but the joy in the dressing room was evident

“I’ve always enjoyed getting to a final and this one all the more, it’s a special match, plus it’s with Barça.”

Alexis

“We all know that Valencia is a great team and they made it difficult for us. We controlled the game and we scored our second goal.

“I always want to play. I’m never satisfied with what I do, I always want to keep on winning.

“Guardiola and Bielsa are very similar in how they work. Our opponent in the Cup final is a good team and we’ll see what happens.”

Pinto

“We have to enjoy getting into the final but we’re aware that we still have a long way to go, we especially have a lot of games in the Liga.

“I managed to keep a clean sheet and that gives me a lot of tranquility. I did my small part for the team.” (via FCBarcelona.cat)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...