[Barça B] Muniesa and Bartra, pleased with the decision to play for the first team next season

“This has been a dream ever since I was a child,” said Marc Bartra. Jonathan dos Santos and Martín Montoya will also join FC Barcelona’s first team in July.

Once the game against Cartagena was over (4-0), Marc Muniesa and Marc Bartra both said that they were pleased with the news offered up by football director Andoni Zubizarreta last week. The director said that both the defenders plus Dos Santos and Montoya would officially be part of the first team next season. “I’m very happy. It’s a dream that coming true little by little,” said Muniesa. Bartra shares his teammate’s enthusiasm: “to play for the first team has been a dream of mine since I was a child.”

Muniesa: more mature, more calm

Marc Muniesa made his debut with the first team on May 23rd, 2009. He came on as a substitute in the Barça-Osasuna match and was shown a red card before the game was over. A lot of time has gone by since then, and the defender said that he’s better prepared for his next challenge: “I’m stronger psychologically. I’m more calm on the ball and I have less pressure. I’ve also matured physically.” The Barça B player knows that he’ll be in the reserve side until this summer: “I know that, for now, my role is to be here in the reserve side. It’s time to keep on working, whatever is coming my way, will come.” He also had words of praise for Josep Guardiola, “he had confidence in me, I hope I can return the gesture.”

Bartra: living in the moment, preparing for the future

Marc Bartra also preferred to focus on the present: “I always try to live in the moment and acquire experience now in order to be ready when I get to the first team ... FC Barcelona has given me everything and to be part of the best team in the world is something that every player wants.” (via FCBarcelona.cat)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...